VX4000: The large-format 3D printing system
- Build space of 4000 x 2000 x 1000 mm
- Continuous operation with multiple building platforms
- Variable use of build space for individual applications
- Effective and continuous operation through rugged design and high-quality components
- Fast and economical manufacture of large components and batches
VX4000 at a glance:
The VX4000 is a large-format 3D printing system for producing any type of object from particle material. With the aid of voxeljet's well-proven 3D printing process, objects are automatically produced from 3D CAD data. Thin layers are applied repeatedly to a building platform in a buildup process. These layers are then bonded together with fluid binder according to the layer geometry.
The VX4000 system concept features a very large building volume of 4 x 2 x 1 metres, which is more than six times the volume of the next largest commercially available 3D printer. To improve performance, this system uses a particularly wide print head that prints a layer in only tow passes.
As a result, the system not only ensures the fast manufacture of individual, oversized objects, but also permits efficient production of small batches. The system design, which features building platforms that are alternately inserted into the process station allows for continuous (24/7) operation. The machine thus has a robust design and is equipped with high-quality technology.