The rapid and economical method for sand casting molds
voxeljet SERVICES offers the rapid and economical production of sand molds and cores for metal casting—on-demand and based on CAD data sets. Our customers receive expert consulting, from data generation to the finished cast part. The molds are produced by applying a particle material in layers and selectively bonding it with a binder. Silica sand is used as the particulate material.
Benefits of 3D-printing sand molds and cores:
- Economical production: Sand molds and cores are printed in one piece without complex and expensive tool production.
- Large-format printing: Large molds can be printed on a building platform measuring 4,000 x 2,000 x 1,000 mm (LxWxH).
- Fast availability: Express delivery in only 3 working days by arrangement.
- Complex components: Nearly unlimited geometries, undercuts can be implemented.
- Precise sand molds and cores with high surface quality: With silica sand layers 300 µm thick.
- The usual foundry materials: Silica sand and furan resin with series-comparable mold and casting properties.
- Suitable for sand-casting all castable metals, such as aluminum, brass, magnesium, iron and steel casting as well as all common alloys.
- Combinations possible: 3D-printed cores can be combined with traditional sand molds and vice versa.
- Easy core removal: Due to the low binder content (for 3D printing), the outgassing and core removal behavior is comparable to that of traditional processes.
- Ideal for prototype manufacturing and tool optimization: Use 3D printing to quickly, flexibly and economically develop and optimize tools, for example.